1) Name of the Society: DAE Employees’ Recreational Club
2) Location of the Office: The registered office of the society shall be located at “—–“
3.i.a) An Employee, employed in any unit, established by Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India (GOI), and is stationed at Visakhapatnam, shall be eligible to apply for the membership of the Society.
3.i.b) Interested individuals may apply to the General Secretary of the Society. The Executive Committee of the Society shall decide on the admittance of the applicant to the Society. The Executive Committee may refuse any person for Membership provided reasons for refusal shall be communicated.
3.i.c) Cessation of Membership: The membership of a member shall cease to exist subject to the following conditions:
3.i.c.1) If he submits a letter of withdrawal of his membership of the Society by giving a written notice to the General Secretary of his intention to do so.
3.i.c.2) If he is transferred to out of Visakhapatnam.
3.i.c.3) Majority of two-thirds or more of the total number of member voting in person, may by resolution passes at an annual or an extraordinary general meeting expel any member who in their opinion is guilty of conduct contrary to the interests of the Society and any such member shall cease to be a member of the Society from the date of passing this resolution but may be proposed again for membership after the expiry of 12 calendar months from that date.
3.i.c.4) Any member who ceases to be a member shall nevertheless remain liable for and shall pay to the Society all monies which at the time of such member ceasing to be due from him to the Society.
3.i.d) Register of Members: The Society shall maintain a Register of Members and record the names and addresses of all members for the time being and all changes in the membership which take place from time to time.
3.i.e) Rights and Privileges: The registered members of the Society shall enjoy the following rights and privileges:
3.i.e.1) He will receive all the printed literature / journal etc., published by the Society.
3.i.e.2) He will have the right to attend all General Body Meetings and cast his vote as well as register grievance, if any.
3.ii) Category of Members: There shall be only one type of membership and that is “Ordinary Member” or simply “Member“.
3.iii) Admission Fee and The Monthly Subscription: Subscription Fee of Rs.25/- per month at the time of formation of the Society. Subscription Fee shall increase by a sum of Rs.5/- in the month of January every year.
4. General Body
4.i) Annual General Body will meet once in a year i.e. in the Month of January.
4.ii.a) To pass the budget for the ensuing year and approve expenditure statement of previous year.
4.ii.b) To approve the reports of the activities of the Society.
4.ii.c) To appoint Auditor
4.ii.d) Any other matter with the permission of Chair.
4.iii) Notice for General Body Meeting: Notice for the General Body meeting and of the business to be transacted thereat shall be given at least 14 (fourteen) days in advance, by circular to all registered members of the Society. The accidental omission in giving this notice to any member or members or the non-receipt of the notice of a meeting by any member or members shall not invalidate the proceedings of any such meeting.
5.i) Executive Committee
5.i.a) The Executive Committee of the Society shall consist of the following:
President: To be appointed by nomination from Head of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) Facility, Visakhapatnam.
General Secretary: Elected
Joint Secretary: Elected
Executive Member: Elected
Executive Member: Elected
5.i.b) Term: The term of the Executive Committee shall be 3 (three) years.
5.i.c) Election: The post of Vice-President, General Secretary, Joint Secretary, Treasurer, and two Executive Members shall be filled by election, subject to the following conditions:
5.i.c.1) Election shall be held as and when required or at the end of the term of the Executive Committee.
5.i.c.2) A member can contest for only one post in the election to the Executive Committee of the Society.
5.i.c.3) Any member who is not otherwise disqualified to contest under these bye-laws shall be eligible to contest for the post of office bearers of the Executive Committee.
5.i.c.4) All the office bearers of the Executive Committee who are not otherwise disqualified shall be eligible to contest for re-election.
5.i.c.5) An Election Committee shall be appointed by the Executive Committee from among the members who are not contesting for any post. The Election Committee shall conduct the elections in accordance with the Rules or Guidelines or Circulars issued by the Society.
5.i.c.6) The Election Committee shall be competent to prescribe its own procedure for the conduct of elections, but such procedure shall not conflict with the rules framed by the Executive Committee.
5.i.c.7) The decision of the Election Committee shall be final in all matter relating to conduct of elections and shall be binding on all the members of the Society.
5.i.c.8) The Election Committee shall cease to be function immediately after the announcement of the final results of election.
5.i.d) Executive Committee Meeting: The notice for Executive Committee meeting, along with agenda and details of venue, date and time, shall be issued by the General Secretary at least three working days in advance. The Executive Committee meeting shall be organised as and when necessary but not less than once in two months.
5.i.e) Co-option and Special Appointments:
5.i.e.1) All vacancies caused by retirement, resignation, disqualification, death or removal of a member of the Executive Committee or vacancies caused by any other reason whatsoever shall be filled by either co-option or election as may be deemed appropriate or expedient by the Executive Committee.
5.i.e.2) The Executive Committee, if considers beneficial for the Society in the furtherance of the cause of the members may at its discretion, nominate from among the members of the Society to the Executive Committee. However, the number of such nominated office bearers shall not be more than 2 (two). Such members shall cease to be member(s) on the election of new Executive Committee or earlier if so decided by the Executive Committee.
5.i.f) The Executive Committee shall report all actions taken under the Bye-Law to the General Body at its next meeting.
5.ii) The members of the Executive Committee shall be duty bound to attest the signatures of all the members of newly elected Executive Committee and to see that the said signatures of the outgoing Governing Body tally with the annual list as filed with the Registrar of Societies before 15 days of succeeding month in which elections were held.
6) Extraordinary General Body Meeting: The Executive Committee may, whenever decides so, cal for an Extra-Ordinary General Body Meeting and shall do so on receiving a written requisition signed by at least 20 members or (10%) of the total members, whichever is more. Upon receipt of such requisition, the Executive Committee shall convene an Extra-Ordinary General Body meeting and, if the meeting is not convened within 25 days of such requisition being received by the Secretary, the requester or a majority of them may themselves convene the meeting and all expenses of convening the same shall be borne by the Society. Any meeting convened by the requester shall be convened in the same manner as nearly as possible as that in which general meetings are to be convened by the Society.
FUNCTIONS OF THE EXECUTIVE BODY AND ITS OFFICE BEARERS
1. President: He presides over all the meeting of the both General Body and Executive Committee. He can cast his vote in case of a tie.
2. Vice President: He shall assist the President in discharging his duties. In the absence of the President he shall perform the duty of the President as entrusted by him.
3. General Secretary: He is the Executive Office of the Society and custodian to all records relating to the Society and correspondent on behalf of the Society. He has to take on records of all minutes of the Executive Committee and General Body meetings. He shall guide the Treasurer in preparing the budget and expenditure statement of the Society.
4. Joint Secretary: He shall do the work entrusted by the Executive Committee. He shall assist the General Secretary in discharging his duties. In the absence of the General Secretary, he shall perform the duties of the General Secretary.
5. Treasurer: He is responsible for all financial transactions and the funds of the Society. He has to maintain accounts properly along with the vouchers. He shall prepare the accounts of the Society jointly with the General Secretary or the President.
6. Executive Members: They shall attend to such activities of the Society which the Executive Committee entrust to them.
7.i. Executive Committee Meeting: Al least 4 (four) Executive Committee Members. If the requirement of quorum is not met within 30 minutes of the scheduled time, the meeting shall stand adjourned. The adjourned meeting shall be organised within three days. No quorum shall be necessary for such an adjourned meeting.
7.ii. General Body Meeting: At least Half of the members on the rolls of the Society. If the requirement of quorum is not met within the 30 minutes of the scheduled time, the meeting shall stand adjourned. The adjourned meeting shall be organised within 7 (seven) days. No quorum be necessary for such an adjourned meeting.
7.iii. Extraordinary General Body Meeting: At least three-fourth of the members on the rolls of the Society. If the requirement of the quorum in not met within the 30 minutes of the scheduled time, the meeting shall stand adjourned. The adjourned meeting shall be organised within 7 (seven) days. If the requirement of quorum is not met in the adjourned meeting, the meeting shall stand cancelled.
8. Funds of the Society: The funds shall be spent only for the attachment of the objects of the Society and no portion thereof shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly to nay members through any means. Further:
8.i. The funds of the Society shall be maintained as per the following details:
8.i.1. The general funds of the Society shall vest in the Executive Committee who shall open accounts with the Nationalised Bank to be operated by the Treasurer jointly with General Secretary, and the Vice-President.
8.i.2. All monies received on account of the Society shall be deposited in the Bank. On no account monies received shall be utilised directly for meeting payments but all expenditure shall be met by drawing funds from the bank.
8.i.3. The General Secretary may be permitted to have with him a sum not exceeding Rs.2000/- (Two Thousand Only), or as decided by the General Body from time to time, in cash for meeting petty expenses.
8.i.4. No loans shall be raised on the security of the movable or immovable property of the Society unless the proposal is approved by the 3/4 majority of the members.
8.i.5. The General Secretary shall be competent to authorise all items of expenditure on behalf of the Society and shall report to the Executive Committee for ratification at the next Executive Committee meeting.
8.i.6. The account books of the Society shall be open to inspection to all members of the Society. The scanned copies may be provided to the member on payment of charges as decided by the Executive Committee. The member wishing to inspect the books shall make an application in writing to the General Secretary specifying purpose for such inspection. The General Secretary shall inform the member within 7 (seven) days from the receipt of such application about the date and time when the member can inspect the books.
8.ii. Accounting Year: The accounting year of the Society shall be the year ending on the 31st December.
8.iii. Annual Audit: The accounts of the Society shall be audited annually by a competent auditor/s appointed by the General Body and / or Executive Committee.
9. Amendments: No amendments or alteration shall be made in the purpose of the association unless it is voted by 2/3 of its members present at a special meeting convened for the purpose and confirmed by 2/3 of the members present at second meeting.
10. Dissolution: The Society shall not be dissolved except by a motion passed by a 2/3 majority of members present at a General Body meeting of the Society, expressly convened for the purpose provided the members present shall constitute a majority of the total members on the rolls of the Society. The funds of the Society after meeting all the liabilities shall be disposed off in accordance with decision of the Dissolution Meeting.